Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to Work!

Sorry that I have not posted in a while. I am back to work, and I really have not had much to blog about other than work. I did conduct a blogging workshop last week with some elementary and middle school teachers. I think that it went quite well, and I hope to see many teachers and students blogging just after school starts.

I had the day off today, so I slept in a bit and then took the kids to see Space Chimps. It was a cute little movie, and the kids seemed to enjoy it. Connor ate too much buttery popcorn and felt really bad when we left the theatre. A few hours later, all of the buttery popcorn came back up. He feels much better now. I don't think that he is really "sick"; I just think that he ate too much junk today and it upset his stomach.

This morning, I watched a little bit of the swimming and men's beach volleyball before we left for the movie. It was great watching Michael Phelps and one of his teammates get so excited watching the final leg of their race today. It is also quite amazing that many of the world record swim times from 4 years ago wouldn't even qualify a swimmer for the finals this year. Wow! It is incredible that athletes have improved that much. I also enjoyed watching the strategy in volleyball. I have never been a volleyball player, but I do enjoy watching it. Tonight, I watched the women's volleyball and saw the Americans beat the Cubans. If you have not had a chance to watch the olympics, you need to find some time to do so. It is fabulous!

No comments: